Survival Shuffle

Getting through your next workout to get through life.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Well I have to start by apologizing for my recent abscence, but hopefully everyone will appreciate the reason.

The week after the Grand Island Marathon I decided to take a little break from running and blogging. The following weekend, I went out and tried to run 5 miles. I couldn't finish. I slept a total of 20 hours per day those two days and was completely wiped out. I chalked it up to the marathon effort.

The following week was no better, with only one truly awful run. I started going to sleep at 8 PM every night. I could not figure out what was going on.

The next weekend, the reason for the fatigue became clear. My body is otherwise occupied, busy producing a new human life.

That's right, I'm going to be a mom. Run for the hills now.

I didn't want to make an announcement here as several colleagues from work occasionally read this blog. I wanted to wait a few weeks. In the meantime, running became close to impossible, and I felt like I didn't have anything to write about.

I am currently 12 weeks along and for most of that time I haven't managed more than a disappointing mile or two at a time once or twice a week, and have been collapsing into bed so early at night that I haven't had time to write.

Fortunately, for the past couple of weeks things have been getting better. I am not nearly as tired, and I've been able to run a bit more. So I hope to retrun to writing, starting with this post!

Today I had a major accomplishment - I finished the Army Ten Miler, one of my favorite races. A race report will be posted here shortly.

In the meantime, accept my apologies. I look forward to recording the changes in my self and my running here in the coming months, and hope I have something special to show my baby when it's all done.

1 Comments:

  • At October 8, 2006 at 4:17:00 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said…

    Huge congrats, Bon!!! That is the perfect reason take a break. Forgiven. I have missed you though. Glad you're back and I look so forward to hearing about this journey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home